Aren't they cute? My Cardi~ology Clubs made these little cuties back in March of 2011, but I never posted them to my blog until now. When Mary Fish told me that she was going to host an Easter Parade I knew exactly what cards I would share and I also knew that this was just want I needed to get me off my "rear" and back blogging again. I've had a lot on my plate this past month - both physically and emotionally. However, it's now time to get back on the horse and giddy-up. Thank you all for your support and for sticking with me. I wish I could express want your support means to me.
Okay, time to tell you some of the details about this duo!
- We stamped the chick image 3 times for each card using Jet Black StazOn; the first time was onto the Whisper White square, then onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and the third time was onto a scrap piece of So Saffron card stock
- Using Paper Snips, "fussy" cut the chick from the Whisper White and So Saffron scraps. Keep the part that has the head and the wings from the So Saffron chick and keep the "egg shell" from the Whisper White chick
- Cover the entire "egg shell" with 2-Way Glue and sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds Glitter onto it and shake off the excess; set it aside to dry
- Color the beck of the chick with a Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write marker
- Stamp a background image onto the Whisper White square - we used Pear Pizzazz ink and the Valentine Define stamp set
- Use a Big Shot and an Embossing Folder to add some texture to your card front
- Again, using the Big Shot, the Tasteful Trim Die and Beautiful Wings Embosslit create some embellishments
- The faux brads on the sentiment were made using the Owl Builder punch
- Last but not least, these are 4X4 cards!
Stamp Sets: A Good Egg and Valentine Defined
Ink: Jet Black StazOn and Pear Pizzazz
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Perfect Plum
Tools: Big Shot with Standard Cutting Plates, Extended Cutting Plates, Tasteful Trim die, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Owl Builder Punch, Corner Rounding Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL and Dimensionals
Bling: So Saffron Brad, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon and Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon